Friday, September 21, 2007

Diet Coke Cupcakes

Now this is my kind of recipe. Not too bad for you junk food w00t w00t. It's also a super easy.

Ingredients

1 box of cake mix
1 can of diet soda

Directions

Mix soda and cake mix and put it in the oven according to the directions. How much easier can it get? Some people say they turn out a bit better with 2 egg whites, so I'll probably do that next time.

Typically you want to mix darker sodas with darker cakes and lighter sodas with lighter cakes. The most basic combos being

chocolate cake with diet coke/pepsi
white cake with diet sprite/sierra mist/7-up (I used to love 7-up, but I haven't had it in years ... I need to go buy me some 7-up)

Feeling a little more daring?

white cake with diet orange soda (supposed to be very yummy)
white cake with rasberry gingeral is something I would like to try

0 comments:

Blogger port by Blogger Templates
Visionary theme by Justin Tadlock

Visionary WordPress Theme by Justin Tadlock Powered by Blogger, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform